ISLAMIC FINANCE (MONEY, BANKING, AND MONETARY POLICY)
1. “Money and Banking in an Islamic Framework” – in M. Ariff, ed. (Jeddah: International Centre for Research in Islamic Economics, King Abdul Aziz University, 1982), pp. 145-186. The Arabic translation of this paper was published in the Journal of Research in Islamic Economics, Winter 1984.
2. “Monetary Policy in an Islamic Economy,” in Ziauddin Ahmad, et. al.(eds.), Money and Banking in Islam (Islamabad: Institute of Policy Studies), 1983, pp. 27-68.
3. “Comments on the Council of Islamic Ideology Report on Elimination of Interest” in ibid., pp. 212-223.
4. “The Nature of Riba in Islam” – Hamdard Islamicus, Spring 1984, pp. 3-24.
5. “The Role of Islamic Banks in Non-Muslim Countries”, Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, July 1992, pp. 295-97
6. “Monetary Management in an Islamic Economy, Islamic Economic Studies (IRTI, Jeddah), December, 1996, pp. 1-34.
7. “Islam and the International Debt Problem”, lecture given at the King Faysal Foundation on 10 June 1991 under the auspices of the King Faysal Centre for Research and Islamic Studies, published in the Journal of Islamic Studies (Oxford University), July 1992, pp.214-32.
8. Alternative Visions of International Monetary Reform, a paper presented to the Fourth International Islamic Economics Conference held at the Loughborough University on 13-15 August 2000. It was published in the Proceedings of the Conference edited by Munawar Iqbal and David Llewellyn, Islamic Banking and Finance: New Perspectives on Profit-Sharing and Risk (Chettenhem, UK: Edward Elgar, 2002), pp.219-240.
9.“The Case Against Interest: Is it Compelling”, a paper written for presentation at the International Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance to be held in Brunei on 5-7 January 2004.
10. “Challenges Facing the Islamic Financial Industry”, Handbook of Islamic Economics and Finance, ed., Profs. Kabir Hasan and Merwyn Lewis (Cheltenham, UK, and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, 2007), 325-357.
11. Innovation and Authenticity in Islamic Finance, Keynote address presented at the inaugural session of the Eighth Harvard University Forum on Islamic Finance held on 19-20 April 2008 in the Harvard Law School-
See more at: http://fossei.org/2012/12/e-book-downloadable/#sthash.Jl1kpGt9.dpuf